You may deny it, but there is no way you can reject the possibility you might be doing something that is actually wasting the time of your IT telemarketing campaign. That can be a really problem, especially if you have outsourced it to a professional IT lead generation company
. This is a risk that you might not be able to afford, especially if you are in the cloud hosting business. Given the level of competition in this part of the cloud computing industry, you will need to know what the things that might be slowing you down are. You may not realize it, but these might cost you a huge deal from the cloud hosting leads that you could have been able to generate. So, what are these seemingly innocent actions, then?
in the wrong work - keep in mind that there are some things that you are good at, and there are some things that you are not. For example, if calling prospects on the phone is not your forte, then it is high time that you let someone else do the job. Outsourcing to a professional IT telemarketing agency can be a smart investment.
2. You delay the easy ones - when faced with the easy tasks, it is often easy to just delay them. Actually, you shouldn't since this you end up having a lot of work later that you will not be able to handle the easy tasks by then. Word of advice: do them now.
3. You breathe down the necks of your employees - if you keep finding yourself constantly managing you employees, then you might have to take a closer look at them. If they perform poorly, you might really have to let them go. But in the first place, why did you end up hiring them? You might need to make a check on your hiring process, too.
4. You look at the daily details - if you want to think strategically, you have to manage your time. And that includes blocking out any event that might distract you. There are a lot of these, everyday. You just need to know when to focus so that you can plan well.
5. Your social media plan is too vague - that is a problem faced by some small companies that fail to consider what their business really is. Or it is possible that the message they are sending is misinterpreted by the prospects and the market at large.
6. Reinventing the wheel - sometimes, there are projects that really lose steam in the end. But there are some of us who still insist on holding on to them, even though these projects are no longer viable. These essentially waste your time.
7. You keep on repeating your replies - one way to really waste your time is to constantly answer customer and prospect questions that keep repeating again and again. In this case, you might have to set up some information system so that they will no longer go to you anymore.
Yes, these are seemingly innocent enough, but are a complete waste of time. Well, if you cannot avoid them, you can always delegate some of your tasks to others, for example, outsourcing to IT-specialized telemarketing services providers to support your plans.